What can you do when you have too much fresh mint?
I planted 2 little plants of Moroccan mint in the garden last year, and oh my, they tripled this year! All this to say, mint is so easy to grow and does not require much care unlike other herbs.
Now, I have way too many and have been looking for ways to use them. Because iced coffee is something I drink often, I decided to try adding some fresh mint and actually loved it!
Much like the mint Starbucks, it’s homemade and even better. My go-to is mocha, and adding this bit of freshness to it is so refreshing for the Summer!
- 1 espresso coffee
- 1 tsp raw unsweetened cocoa
- 10 leaves of mint
- 1 tsp sugar (I use brown sugar)
- Milk of our choice (I use oat milk)
- Ice cubes
- Put the cocoa in your espresso cup and brew the coffee
- In the meantime, put the mint leaves and sugar in a mortar and gently crush to release the mint oils and flavor
- Then, transfer the mix to a shaker
- Add ice cubes, pour the coffee and shake well to cool the mix
- Strain the mix over a tall glass leaving out the mint leaves
- Add milk of your choice to your liking and some more ice cubes
Enjoy! It’s fresh, simple and tastes so good. Perfect for an afternoon pick me up!